Dermaplaning is an effective and safe exfoliation procedure, that uses a sterile surgical scalpel to shave the surface of the skin to remove excess dead skin and Velus peach fuzz hairs. The tool is held at a 45 degree angle and is gently brushed along the skin to remove the hair and dead skin cells.
The procedure is only performed on the face. It is generally a stand alone procedure, but it does create deeper product penetration boosting the products effects. The procedure makes skin look and feel smoother and will reduces the appearance of acne scars.
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Immediate results, the skin has a refreshed and glowing appearance.
- Removes vellus facial hair which can absorb both dirt and environmental toxins
- Aids smooth application of makeup.
- Removes keratinised skin cells (dead skin cells) and enhances the natural shedding of skin
- Stimulates blood and lymph flow, thereby increasing the ability of the skin to absorb product
- Stimulates the skin's immune response and improves elasticity and texture
- Softens the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and open pores
- Reduces the appearance of hyper pigmentation